Well then

There are 3 reasons why you might be here.

You want to learn how to make chainmaille. In this case you should start with my basics guide. Or you saw one of my crossbow guides perhaps? Or you simply like awesome stuff of which I am a capable provider even if I say so myself. In this case, the popular posts section is a good start. This blog(and me) is very much active and I'd gladly help you out if you have question and so on. You can find me at email: bogy_shashav@abv.bg or skype: bogy_shashav



Have fun and enjoy your stay.


Sunday 27 March 2011

On the art of Chainmaille - part 3 Materiel

The materiel you need to make the rings is wire. The most common and widespread is galvanised wire. Its easy to find and cheap so its good to start with this. There are more exotic base materiel - brass, copper, etc but they are more expensive and not universal in useage.












Where to find it.


 1 Tool shops. - Bad option for a large project. While they may have it in stock the price tag will be twice as big. If there is no alternative of course this will be your place to supply.

2 Construction materiel warehouses.  The better option in the case - warehouses sell cheap and in bulk, which makes them the preferable option in supply.

Now to turn it into coils
http://drunkethics.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-art-of-chainmaille-part-4-winding.html

0 коментара:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites