Well then

There are 3 reasons why you might be here.

You want to learn how to make chainmaille. In this case you should start with my basics guide. Or you saw one of my crossbow guides perhaps? Or you simply like awesome stuff of which I am a capable provider even if I say so myself. In this case, the popular posts section is a good start. This blog(and me) is very much active and I'd gladly help you out if you have question and so on. You can find me at email: bogy_shashav@abv.bg or skype: bogy_shashav



Have fun and enjoy your stay.


Saturday 18 February 2012

Medieval crossbow guide

This is NOT made by me nor do I take credit, but it comes from a certain hungarian who will probably read this soon anyway. This is a (very picture heavy) guide on making a moderately powerful medieval crossbow.

First the lever for the trigger.


Now the piece from which the nut will be made - its from bone. Feel free to improvise.
Side view of the body - still a lump of wood, but you can see how the lever goes.

Top view.


After shaping the body.






Preparing the front.


Another look at the trigger, some extra holes& carving done.




Now the actual mechanism.
 There is a small steel spike here to stop the nut from being worn out by the lever.


The bow.

The holding piece.
 The parts after some finishing touches and finally - assembly.


This is what the end of the string looks like. 

Now this is for a fairly low power crossbow and the design can be modded for more durability. Anyone who tries this only needs to know the mechanical principles after all. I for once would add a thumb holder for the bolts.

7 коментара:

Awesome guide man, thanks for sharing this.

and here is a pic with a bolt too
http://i44.tinypic.com/3466c6a.jpg

also you can see that the nut was fixed to it's place by cords (authentic solution)

Bleach swords Ichigo Kurosaki is a 15 years old Japanese boy who has special and unique ability or characteristic to see spirits Ninja Sword





This medieval crossbow is also very nice! I will make a prod like this one but...with limbs of an bow or a metal bow buyed for this effect...probably the megaline firm 150#. I appreciate a lot your Blog and this article. Congratulations and thank you!
Octávio Oliveira from Lisbon (Portugal)

I started to make my first crossbow and it look so good.
Medieval Crossbow

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites