Well then

There are 3 reasons why you might be here.

You want to learn how to make chainmaille. In this case you should start with my basics guide. Or you saw one of my crossbow guides perhaps? Or you simply like awesome stuff of which I am a capable provider even if I say so myself. In this case, the popular posts section is a good start. This blog(and me) is very much active and I'd gladly help you out if you have question and so on. You can find me at email: bogy_shashav@abv.bg or skype: bogy_shashav



Have fun and enjoy your stay.


Sunday 29 January 2012

My newest addition to the armory

So, this Friday, after finishing with great success the university exam session - 5.5 average out of 6 max on the grades - that would be something like A- for you english speakers, and getting some money in my pocket, I decided to buy myself a little gift which I've been thinking about for a while. So I went to the center where there are half a dozen hunting/weapons shops and bought myself a pistol crossbow.


The absolutely cheapest variety - for about 10 bucks or so. Gotta say, so far I'm impressed by this little bastard, as the holes in my wardrobe will testify. It has good power delivery for its 20kg pull strength, and it was a real bugger to put the bow string on - I got no problems to string bows, but bows are well - bigger, I have more room for leverage.
I already did a few things to it - namely, removing the sights, which would hardly be useful anyway as far as im concerned, and adding a bit of cushioning to the cocking mechanism - my fingers are taking enough abuse as it is anyway. Basically, I'm going to mess with this one until it breaks. At 10-15$ per unit, I really don't care if it does, because its awfully cheap and even if it does all I need is the bow(its steel) and the string, I can make a new body for it.

7 коментара:

That's such a cool crossbow buddy, it's well deserved too considering how well you did, congratulations on those results.

Its a bit damaged already. Pity...

Thats awesome, I've always wanted one of these bad boys!

so that's the reason why you were really interested in the crossbow thread

We use a plenty of these in Croatian LARP :)

Its a bit tricky to design larp safe ammo for it, that would also fly good.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites