Well then

There are 3 reasons why you might be here.

You want to learn how to make chainmaille. In this case you should start with my basics guide. Or you saw one of my crossbow guides perhaps? Or you simply like awesome stuff of which I am a capable provider even if I say so myself. In this case, the popular posts section is a good start. This blog(and me) is very much active and I'd gladly help you out if you have question and so on. You can find me at email: bogy_shashav@abv.bg or skype: bogy_shashav



Have fun and enjoy your stay.


Thursday 15 September 2011

On the Art of Chainmaille - Making a Coif part 2

Right, now that we have the main piece, we join it with two small straps at what will soon be the forehead and the chin.









Before you continue, you need to count the rings of the top row(marked in red). For typical 2mm thick wire and 10mm inner diameter of the rings(sorry but i will use metric system -inches,gauges and the like are not for me) there should be around 50 - 70 rings, depending on the size of the coif.

 Link to previous part
http://drunkethics.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-art-of-chainmaille-making-coifhood.html

Link to part 3
http://drunkethics.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-art-of-chainmaille-making-coif-part_21.html

20 коментара:

Wow very detailed!
Come check me out =) alphabetalife.blogspot.com

yeah, the coif is taking shape. Can't wait to see the complete one. Make some pretty girl wear it for the photo ;)

@Linchpin

Sorry to disappoint but you will get the bearded lady. :)

Wow intense, this would get so tedious

Nice coif so far man. Must be so much hard work and effort, you're actually quite inspirational considering how hard you work!

this is coming along nicely, looks really great

How long does it take to make one?

@AllenTesch

This one is being made from leftovers, so its faster than usual. It takes me several days to 1 week to get one done otherwise. Depends on how hard I work really. If I spit on my hands and go for 8+hours per day I can make it really fast. Of course, experience comes in play. I just know how to handle it.

Cant wait to see the final product!

@ BDTC

Soon...Its not that easy to make.

Awesome! I will keep this in mind when I LARP.

@Walmart Security
Its useful everywhere, not just for larp.

Finally a usable chainmail for my LARP.

What are you making it for?

@ Megamanrocks,


Eh...I'm making a manual no duuuh.. >.>

@fatbloodyfinger

That ain't done yet.

Nice skills, man! Gratz!

Looks GREAT! Thanks so much for this tut :P

Do you take commissions? I would love to have a professional like you make me one.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites